[Edu-sig] OLPC related: pyGTK for cross-platform (Mac especially)?

ajsiegel at optonline.net ajsiegel at optonline.net
Wed Dec 20 23:47:27 CET 2006

> By the way, in outlining the programming style that makes you
> smile, you
> just rediscovered Squeak. :-)

Please don't say that.

I still think you talk/imply/think about the producer/programmer/toymaker
on one hand and the consumer/student/player on the other in a different way
then what is implied by my smile.

Or else, if I redisovered Squeak how hard could it have been to discover it the
first time.

Doing fun and challenging things on computers is fun and challenging.

Did Alan Kay say that first.

If so, sorry.

Or perhaps I am just too humble to understand my own genius in coming to
such a facntastic conclusion.

Squeaks pretense issues, and its licensing issues, are - by the way -  not unrelated
when you look at it.