[Edu-sig] Textbooks

GerryLowry1(905)825-9582{AbilityBusinessComputerServices} gerry.lowry at abilitybusinesscomputerservices.com
Sat Feb 25 04:21:55 CET 2006

Andre ... before you take offense, you might want to ask Kirby his opinion of J.

g.

From: "Andre Roberge" <andre.roberge at gmail.com>
Cc: <edu-sig at python.org>
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 7:47 PM

<gerry.lowry at abilitybusinesscomputerservices.com> wrote:
> You may want to teach J first, in addition, or instead.  http://www.jsoftware.com/
>
> Also FREE.    J is the creation of Turing Award winner Ken Iverson and his colleague Roger Hui.

Is it only me that finds this post "offensive".  This is a mailing
list about using Python in education.  The original poster asked for
resources to teach Python to teachers.  (Granted, I provided one
reference [out of 3] to GvR which is not *quite* Python ... but is
considered by many to be very close).

André