[Edu-sig] Textbooks

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Feb 26 16:18:22 CET 2006

Daniel Ajoy wrote:

>>Expressed as someone in touch with esoteric knowledge.
>>
>>I am guessing it's a Logo thing.
>>
>>Are you willing to expand?
>>

>I just wanted to verify the claim that some Python modules
>really incorporate J semantics.

Perhaps  the problem is I didn't understand that such a claim was being
made.  I thought it was a reference to access to extensive array
processing functionality.  I am happily lost in the discussion beyond that.

Function-level, value-level, whatever.

I am the last to claim that Python is easy.

I do claim that it is not effete.  These distinctions, to me, fall into
the realm of the effete - and are not where  I prefer to spend my time
or energy.

So I perhaps wasted your time by asking you to expand.