[Edu-sig] Introduction to object and "dot" notation: feedback wanted

Peter Bowyer peter at mapledesign.co.uk
Thu Jan 19 20:16:08 CET 2006

At 20:28 18/01/2006, Andre Roberge wrote:
>Fido.left_front_paw.moves()

I have a query about this call.  The way the left_front_paw moves is
not going to be very different from right_front_paw or the back
paws.  Now if it's identical, in a simplified model, does not
Fido.moves(Fido.left_front_paw)
make more sense?  It is harder to understand, and I'm not happy with
the argument to the method, but it promotes code reuse.

Peter

--
In the beginning was the word,
and the word was Content-type: text/plain.