[Edu-sig] xturtle - talk at EuroPython2006

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 02:20:17 CEST 2006

Excellent Gregor.

I was saying positive things about xTurtle to Jason @ Shuttleworth
Foundation the other day (even though there's no budget for software
development).  Excerpt (July 2):

"""
Likewise new versions of Logo mostly "target the receiver" in OO
fashion, as Alan Kay cited Seymour Papert as saying, i.e. you
explicitly instance and operate a turtle with dot notation:

myturtle = Turtle()
myturtle.pendown()
myturtle.forward(30)

and so on.  Recent examples on edu-sig (xturtle by Gregor is looking
pretty good -- not as slick as commercial grade, but the source code
is included and you can't beat the price (exactly the kind of stuff
it'd be fun to distribute and write lesson plans around)).
"""

Kirby

PS:  I was surprise Seymour would confuse the peace sign with a
Mercedes logo.  I'm glad you've got it right this time.