[Edu-sig] Alan Kay - another one of his ideas

ajsiegel at optonline.net ajsiegel at optonline.net
Wed Jul 12 22:48:26 CEST 2006

From: kirby urner

> You seem to indulge a more-than-healthy amount of nostalgia for the
> way it was when you were a kid. You're now ready to go to bat for
> kids who want it the way you had it

Perhaps, though I think not.

But, I remain willing to be wrong here.  Just that there is an inevitability about
other peoples' sense of where we are *necessarily* going that I don't share,
and to the extent we *necessarily* get there I would like to be sure that we
get there as something more than a prophecy, self-fulfilled.