[Edu-sig] Python Pedagogy

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Jul 22 23:29:42 CEST 2006

kirby urner wrote:

> As Wittgenstein was always emphasizing, "meaning" is *so much* about
> perceptions -- so much so that it's almost impossible talk coherently
> about the importance of this level, as we're each so deeply down a
> mineshaft already, and wondering what "vertical" means in this
> context.

Not pretending to understand much of what Wittgenstein was saying, but I
think it actually quite relevant in the context of your full post that,
according to Betrand Russel, Wittgenstein's thinking was profoundly
influenced by projective geometry and his early philosophy was in some
sense applying the principles of what he found there to linguistics.

Perhaps the ultimate VHLL can be defined as one that most perfectly
facilitates the ability to preserve meaning in a transformation from
human linguistic hardwiring to machine hardwiring.

Gregor asking:

How do they come up with this stuff?  ;)