[Edu-sig] Jython Poll: Java3D apps -- one click works or not?

francois schnell francois.schnell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 00:41:22 CEST 2006

On 03/06/06, Paul D. Fernhout <pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com> wrote:

> So, I would be curious, for those who care to try it, what percentage of
> people on the edusig list who go to this Java 3D site,
>     https://j3d-webstart.dev.java.net/test/
> and click on one of the web start links, will actually see a 3D
> application window open up on their system and run properly without much
> effort?
>
> Wow, I like that ...

Win XP SP 2 IE 6 : Ok
Win XP SP 2 Firefox 1.5 : Ok

Kubuntu Dapper Drake Konqueror 3.5.2 : Ok
Kubuntu Dapper Drake Firefox  1.5 : Ok

For Kubuntu I have the java plugin (sun-java5-plugin in multiverse
repository).

For " old classic 3D" with a java applet, Jmol have some examples of
molecule manipulation and animations:
http://jmol.sourceforge.net/demo/

francois