[Edu-sig] Properties use case

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Thu Mar 23 14:38:22 CET 2006

Sorry  - I suspect everyone else is quite done with this, but I'm still
bothered by mixed signals.

I would like to be able to present PyGeo as good, sensible code.  Not Museum
Quality, to be sure. But good and responsible.

There is an implication in what you are saying that I am still off the mark.
Perhaps I am.  But its not fair, in my mind, to throw that at me knowing
that it still has not gotten through to me (and Zelle ?) in what way I am
off the mark.

For the life of me I don't see the problem.  My class has 2 __slots__ -
.real and .imag. It does with them the kind of things that classes do.

How is this class different and less thread safe than an infinite number of
other classes that do with attributes the kinds of things that classes do
with attributes?

I have unintentionally stimulated a CS  nerve, apparently.  But would still
love to get to the bottom of issue.

Or get an official CS - proper use case aside - bill of health.