[Edu-sig] Brainstorming about GNU Math

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 17:01:49 CET 2006

> Yes I do have opinions.  And among my opinions is Accountability in
> educational matters is fundamental and cannot be replaced by Genius and
> that
> you - and I mean a broader "you" than Kirby Urner - are broadly assaulting
> accountability on a number of fronts.

You haven't a clue what I'm doing.  You got "assaulting" right I suppose --
has a kind of Lord of the Rings ring that I like.

And you need to because you are a rush.  We can't have a computer on
> everybody's desk if we need to be Accountable for the "why".  Let's do it
> because of Genius, we will find the why later.

I'm a Silicon Forest exec looking after my own.  Do what you will in New
York.  Not my problem, not my concern.

Teaching Python again this morning -- we'll get into operator overloading
some.  Then back to string substitution with madlibs.  Every kid has an
Internet-enabled Win2000 box, while I project from my laptop.  These basic
logistics are not my concern.  Portland already has its act together.

You do your thing, I'll do mine - is always your answer.

Exactly.  What other choice is there?  If you wanted to collaborate, you'd
have to have more of a clue about what I do for a living, as a Fuller
Schooler that is.

But I think you are muddying the waters tremendously for us Accountability
> slobs, and doing damage.
>
> Art

And I think you're very far from the action to be making any kind of
informed judgment.  People who study my writings don't go running to Arthur
for an assessment of my effectiveness, I can assure you (unless they're lost
or confused).