[Edu-sig] Petty Issue

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat May 6 00:07:57 CEST 2006

>   I have mentioned here before that I am teaching intermediate Python
>   at Symantec in June. Since they merged with another company last
>   year, they have some new red tape that disallows one-person
>   companies like myself to do business with them (it seems I don't
>   have enough liability insurance - true - I have none!). To get
>   around the system, I have to, among other things, "sell" them a
>   Python book with a CD in it. (Don't ask me why - this is bean
>   counting mentality at its best).

Wow, that sounds restrictive!

How about this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0130923613/102-8834637-6402554?v=glance&n=283155

Not as good as John Zelle's, but covers all manner of topics, so as a
jumping off point, it could take you just about anywhere, provided
you're allowed to supplement with your own material.