[Edu-sig] PySqueak: more on the cultural divide among paradigms

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat May 6 09:41:42 CEST 2006

On 5/5/06, Paul D. Fernhout <pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com> wrote:
> To recap, as I see it, this PySqueak effort gained some traction when you
> and Guido cam back from the summit, having seen Alan Kay's presentation of
> Squeak and Croquet. I'm sure it was dazzling, as Alan Kay is a captivating
> speaker and Squeak and Croquet have a lot of really great features.(*)

It wasn't like that.

We sat around long tables and talked.  No one had more than five
minutes to do any kind of projected presentation thing.

Croquet was mentioned in passing but never shown.

Just wanting to keep the picture at least a little bit accurate.

There's a wiki page with official notes, links to photographs Guido
snapped with his cell phone (I'm disguised as a round looking man with
shaggy gray hair).

For another picture of me see here: http://mybizmo.blogspot.com/
scrolling down to Spring 2006.