[Edu-sig] Refocusing on Capabilities (was PySqueak)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat May 27 04:19:04 CEST 2006

> As a language, no.  As a practice, *I* certainly would discourage it
> except when used internally as an implementation detail.

I agree that the DP (design pattern) generation is making better sense
around when to use and when not to use subclassing.  O'Reilly's 'Head
First Into Design Patterns' is a good example.  I plugged it in my
Saturday Academy class, along with TAOCP, NKS, and Zelle's Python
intro.

Here're some negative comments about this book that I liked, to help
us stay well rounded: