[Edu-sig] Accessibility to non CS types?

francois schnell francois.schnell at gmail.com
Wed May 31 23:56:51 CEST 2006

On 31/05/06, dblank at brynmawr.edu <dblank at brynmawr.edu> wrote:

> Very nice demonstration; nice way to make it clear what PataPata is about!

Thanks Doug I begin to gather all this on a single page (while testing
googlepages in the same shot...):
http://francois.schnell.googlepages.com/patapata

(The first thing I was wondering about was if there was a way to make a
> dynamic change apply to all current objects? Say, change all of their
> colors, or methods.)

This would be interesting, especially for emergent systems simulations I
imagine :)
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/complexity/course/emergence06/

I find this to be a fascinating subject. I've read Steven Johnson book
(emergence) two years ago and "Out of Control" (Kelly) is waiting its turn
on my "to read" pile of books.

Also, you can make your videos using your favorite tool, Python! I've made
> a couple of videos of our Python-based robotics system, including a pure
> Python 2-D simulator, complete with sonar, infrared, bumpers, and
> simulated vision. I've also listed instructions on how to make the videos
> here with Python and VNC thanks to pyvnc2swf:
>
> http://pyrorobotics.org/video/
>
> Not quite as smooth as some other methods, but not too bad so far.

Great and neat screencasts.  I haven't seen the audio integration before
with vnc2swf, I will try it, thanks. Pyrobotics seems also a very
interesting project  :)  (I'm also interested in the electronic/Python field
: http://www.liberlab.net/ )

francois

-Doug