[Edu-sig] experiences teaching Python with turtle graphics?

John Zelle john.zelle at wartburg.edu
Fri Nov 17 15:42:09 CET 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 8:07 am, Ernesto Costa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Returning to the question of a "good" module about graphics. I'm
> using Zohn Zelle's book for my course. It has a interesting and
> simple to use graphics module. It would be nice if that module could
> be "merged" with xturtle i.e to incorporate a turtle class that use
> the graphics canvas :-)!

One project that we often use in my classes is writing a simple turtle module
on top of graphics.py. It's a great exercise for introducing students to
writing their own classes. Still, I have to say that xturtle looks very
interesting, and this might be a great combination. I haven't looked at
xturtle's implementation in any detail, so I don't have any sense on how hard
such a merger would be.

--John

--
John M. Zelle, Ph.D.             Wartburg College
Professor of Computer Science    Waverly, IA