[Edu-sig] Compatibility and legacy in language evolution

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 00:01:04 CEST 2006

On 9/9/06, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:

> But that's just [our] "stars in the sky" style over in Buckyville.  We
> have these weird slogans, like "YOU be the glue."  Brad says our
> private sky is NOT THE WORLD in his posts.  He sounds like a
> philosopher.  Some other castle somewhere, where they use "all caps" a
> lot (I try to be sparing, but yes, I use them too).

Actually, that was Michael Sparks of cerenity.org who reminds me I'm
not the world (thanks Michael).

Brad Miller is someone else:  http://www.cs.luther.edu/~bmiller/

Not to be confused with...

John Miller, author of PhD dissertation, Promoting Computer Literacy
Through Programming Python (1.37 MB) which looks at the issues around
teaching with Python, and explores some of the threads taken up right
here on edu-sig, and available for download from the Python Community
edu-sig home page.