[Edu-sig] The fate of raw_input() in Python 3000

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Fri Sep 15 16:46:27 CEST 2006

kirby urner wrote:

> And in sounding this note, I think you and Alan Kay are in perfect
> harmony.  He's sung that tune for years, and not even often key.

Trying to sing it from the Disney  and HP pulpits - if nothing else -
maybe it necessarily off-key.  Thinking no one would notice from where
he was singing it made it arrogantly off-key.

And that's just the beginning of some of my problems with the Kay's stance.

But I've beaten that dead chicken into the ground by now.