[Edu-sig] creating an interface vs. using one

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Sep 23 20:30:42 CEST 2006

kirby urner wrote:

>On 9/23/06, Michel Paul <mpaul at bhusd.k12.ca.us> wrote:
>
>>he only syntax required other than Algebra is "def" and "return".
>>

>Here I'd part company a bit and point out that "algebra" is not so
>nailed down as a namespace that we can't consider "def" and "return"
>excluded.

We might all take the opportunity to pontificate with respect to our own
particular visions, down to every detail.

Mine is one where the significance of the relationship of the
circumference of a circle to its diameter is taught and understood in PI
squared different ways, including - importantly -  as history. The
calculation to x digits being the least important or interesting -
something a mere machine can accomplish with a little help.

But such a discussion is perhaps not exactly to the point right here and
now.

no further reading required.