[Edu-sig] creating an interface vs. using one (Michel Paul)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 04:42:54 CEST 2006

On 9/24/06, Arthur <ajsiegel at optonline.net> wrote:
> kirby urner wrote:
>
> > One thing it's good for is showing off Beyond Flatland's Renaissance
> > Era perspective, i.e. XYZ instead of just XY.  People are gaga for
> > "graphing calculators" but can't even get off the XY plane with their
> > sorry methods.  No Polyhedra, no Physical Realism.  VPython is good
> > for contrasting a computer-savvy math education with a
> > calculators-only approach.  Let's measure the gap, put a price tag on
> > it, in terms of future living standards.
> >
> $1,412.17
>
> Art

Per student per month at a high tuition academy maybe.

Tuition refunds in order?

I'm amazed at the intellectual squalor my fellow citizens have
acclimated themselves to.

Once they develop a taste for real learning, I thinking all this "just
getting by" won't seem so acceptable to them.  Or at least that's my
fond hope.

Mediocrity cannot be fought by trying to goad the apathetic into action.

Just work around 'em -- why should they care?