[Edu-sig] Calculus with Stickworks (more Gnu Math)

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Sep 30 14:58:07 CEST 2006

kirby urner wrote:

>Related chatter with math teachers:
>http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=1459250&tstart=0

I go there and hear you talking to a community of math teachers as if
you were an official ambassodor of Python and edu-sig, and as if we were
all on the bangwagon of "gnu math" and "__rib__ syntax" here.

My inituition failed to failed me again.

I don't see anything terribly wrong with a "gnu math" meme or  even
__rib__, if you must.  But you are bullshitting them that there is a
cohesive community around these particular Kirby-centric semantics
here.  Just as you bullshit us that there is a legion of "gnu math"
teachers out there awaiting your next instruction.

You are taking something open and public, and  narrowing it, and
appropriating it.

I am an active participant of edu-sig (too active for some), so all I
can demand is that you not purport to speak for me.  Consider this that
demand.

More generally, I wish you would stop this flim-flam business. Or do it
more elegantly, at least.