[Edu-sig] "Python First" book (new) + related SIGCSE'07 paper

Atanas Radenski radenski at studypack.com
Tue Apr 17 17:22:34 CEST 2007

Hello all,

Let me announce a new Python introductory book:

Title: Python First: The Joy of Success
Author: Atanas Radenski
ISBN: 978159526-713-9, 512 pages, Llumina Press, April 2007

The book is available from the publisher at
http://www.llumina.com/store/python.htm. The book is coming soon to
Amazon.com.

This book is a paper companion to the "Python First" online digital
pack,  http://studypack.com. The complete digital study pack features
e-texts, slides, a wealth of detailed self-guided labs, sample
programs, and extensive quizzes. The new book offers a printed version
of the e-texts and self-guided labs in the same format as they appear
in the online digital pack.

Many books come with companion websites. The "Python First" online
study pack comes with a printed book companion :-)

"Python First" implements an active learning approach that is referred
to as "abductive learning". The approach was recently reported at the
ACM SIGCSE'07 and the paper is available here:

http://studypack.com/comp/mod/resource/view.php?id=2928

Please, do not hesitate to send me an email if you have any questions
or comments.

Warm regards,

Atanas Radenski
mailto:radenski at studypack.com   http://studypack.com