[Edu-sig] WebLab: please have a look!

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 21:13:35 CEST 2007

A while ago, Yusdi Santoso made an announcement to this list about a
new browser-based interface to matplotlib, called WebLab, intended to
be a free replacement to Matlab.  Since that original announcement,
there have been quite a few improvements made to WebLab; in addition,
WebLab is no longer restricted to run under Windows XP like it was
when the original announcement was made.

I am not all that familiar with matplotlib but, for having tried
briefly WebLab, I am most impressed.  I would encourage anyone
interested in producing high quality graphics using a free Python
based tool, as well as science instructors who have students that need
to produce graphs, to have a look at WebLab.

It can be found here:
http://www.physics.ox.ac.uk/users/santoso/Software.WebLab.html

André