[Edu-sig] Scratch interface for Python, and network programming games.

John Zelle john.zelle at wartburg.edu
Mon Aug 27 18:15:03 CEST 2007

This is a very interesting assignment, but I would just point out that this is
hardly an "intro CS course." They are doing these particular projects in an
intermediate/advanced data structures/algorithms class. That would be a 3rd
semester college-level course for those who entered without a programming
background. At least that is where the link goes, and that seems appropriate
for the assignment.

Just building this as a Python API, rather than a separate interpreter might
make for an interesting (and somewhat simpler project). The "critters" could
then easily be programmed right in Python, which is something that even
beginning programmers could do.