[Edu-sig] Pycon 2008

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 17:34:02 CET 2007

Hi Earl --

My Pythonic Math Classroom of the Future (#53) might be
interesting to your students -- shows how we teach group
theory in Python, pre-college, other stuff (drawing some
real world examples from our Portland flagships).

Everything'll go by kinda fast in 30 minutes though (but
young folks are used to high bandwidth and multitasking
no?).

I too have floated the idea of bringing students (though
not as their chaperon -- bringing family too).

Hey, speaking of high school, I wonder if anyone has seen
this film I just learned about:
http://www.2mminutes.com/trailer.html

Any good?

Kirby