[Edu-sig] [PyCON-Organizers] Interest in Newby lecture at PyC on?

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 04:20:06 CET 2007

OK. So I think people should not need to be registered for the conference to
attend. Is that possible?

I imagine Python 101 is for professionals learning Python as an nth
language. I don't intend to compete with that.

I would like to call the presentation "Python as a First Language", and
would like attendees to have a working copy of Idle on a laptop.

The intended audience will be in town (locals or accompanying family) but is
unlikely to pony up for the conference. If it is OK with you all and the
hotel I will be happy to proceed on the basis that it is free of charge and
doesn't require conference registration.

Alternatively I could offer sort of a dress rehearsal, and edu-sig types can
attend but it would probably be of little interest to other badge carrying
conference attendees. This would be much shorter.

My current plan is to be arriving Friday and leaving Sunday so I'd much
prefer early on Saturday evening.

Michael