[Edu-sig] Interactive Tkinter graphics under IDLE

Johannes Woolard johannes.wollard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 02:19:28 CET 2007

On 2/6/07, Peter Drake <drake at lclark.edu> wrote:
> Okay, so I've got a simple system worked up that allows students
> (these are "CS0" non-CS-majors) to manipulate objects with commands
> in the IDLE command window. The file is attached.

hmm, coincidentally I started playing with a similar system for
Crunchy a couple of days ago - more or less the same except it uses
Crunchy's in browser interface instead of IDLE. Hopefully I'll be able
to give André some demo code before PyCon - I think this is one of the
best uses of  the Python interpreter in education.

Johannes

--
Johannes Woolard,
Oriel College, Oxford, UK