[Edu-sig] meaning of +1

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 20:04:09 CET 2007

On 2/7/07, Brian Blais <bblais at bryant.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am not asking an existential question about the meaning of the integer
> set, but
> rather what it means when someone writes in an email on this list,
> something like:
> +1

Often seen around the Python community.  May be construed as "another vote
whereas -1 has the opposite meaning.

As you may already know, there's a formal process for proposing enhancements
the Python language and/or surrounding infrastructure.  A lot of the lists
where you
see +1 syntax occuring often will have these so-called PEPs under

edu-sig doesn't have much history around PEPs as most of our discussions are

not focussed on changing the language.  Python itself is more a fait
around here, with a focus on how best to teach it.