[Edu-sig] understanding recursion. . .

Lloyd Hugh Allen chandrakirti at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:15:29 CET 2007

iirc, the classic would be to compute fibonaccis recursively and watch
the system grind to a halt in only a handful of iterations. When
googling for "recursive fibonacci", I thought that the last example on
the first page http://blogs.msdn.com/ericlippert/archive/2004/05/19/135392.aspx
would tell me why I'm a moron, but in fact this page also cites fib as
a good way to show recursion gone wrong. Just that we shouldn't....

The comments have decent commentary as well.