[Edu-sig] understanding recursion

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 20:11:27 CET 2007

A recent thread on recursion math-thinking-l might be of interest.

Many pro computer scientists like to teach about it in tandem with
Peano Arithmetic (PA) i.e. mathematical induction.

http://mail.geneseo.edu/pipermail/math-thinking-l/2007-January/date.html

Of course if the students are already math phobic...

But the idea here is a CS approach gives you a second chance to get
turned on by what turned you off the first time, i.e. those traditional
[I'd say antiquated] high school math classes wherein computer languages
are strictly forbidden and/or sidelined without comment.

Hope yr feelin' better Dethe.  Having the flu sucks.

Kirby