[Edu-sig] More on graphics with graphics.py (Zelle's)

John Zelle john.zelle at wartburg.edu
Tue Feb 13 03:33:57 CET 2007

Kirby (and others),

I've had a number of questions lately about the slowness of my graphics
library. I've noticed that some programs run well under Linux (my development
platform) but run very sluggishly  under Windows. Was your testing on
Windows? Just curious. If you do get a chance to try your code on both Linux
and Windows, I'd like to know if you notice much difference. When I get some
time (won't hapen until summer) I might have to dig in and try to address
these performance issues on non-Linux platforms. If anyone has any thoughts
on the source of this discrepancy, I'd love to hear them.

--John

--
John M. Zelle, Ph.D.             Wartburg College
Professor of Computer Science    Waverly, IA