[Edu-sig] An OLPC comment

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 21:54:10 CET 2007

On 1/17/07, Arthur <ajsiegel at optonline.net> wrote:

> Hate being the grunch.  I hope the OLPC accomplishes everything it sets
> out to and more.

Urner butting in with irrelevant asides:

Arthur may mean grinch if that means someone scroogey in a Dr. Seuss
story about a selfish killjoy (happy ending though).

Grunch with a u is from Gander of Geese, saw some other funny ones,
but "of Giants", a double pun by Bucky on (a) corporations and
(b) GRoss UNiversal Cash Heist, his scheme to steal all the money.

I'll leave it to Arthur to nail down his affiliation.

Kirby

PS:  I think I just figured out what OLPC means.  Interesting
terminology you guys use.