[Edu-sig] OT: calculating dodeca icosa solid assembly angles

Jason Cunliffe jasonic at nomadics.org
Fri Jan 19 01:57:20 CET 2007

I need to make some regular dodecahedrons and icossahedrons for
sculptural project.
Want to set up some jigs for mitre saw and saw table in my shop, to help
me cut wood and plastic modules for making several prototypes at
different sizes and and as for making casting molds etc. Repeat
precision is the name of the game.

Can anyone please point me to  good info for angles and layout specs to
do this?
The most important data I am missing is the solid bevel angle each face
should have for assembling dodecas and icosas respectively.

Bonus request is if you can show me the [pythonic] math for calculating
this simple angle.

Thanks very much any suggestions, links etc.
Jason