[Edu-sig] Python for math teachers (Google videos)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 18:51:11 CET 2007

> Much confidence suggests pathology.
>
> To my ear, as audience.
>
> In the theater we call it "giving notes".
>
> Art

I know what yer sayin', but I think we also need freaks
(takes one to know one?) of various stripes, and get them
in geekdom as anywhere, pretty much by definition.  We've
inherited Kay, we should find a way to "use" that momentum
in some noncynical way (i.e. he appreciates it), to the extent
his vector (trajectory) is on a path of real work potential from
the standpoint of Python Nation.

Now I realize the above begs a lot of questions (what's
Python Nation pray tell? -- I always say "right next to the
Republic of Perl").  But I think there's more to get from a
synergy with Kay than a lot of fractiousness.  He actually
appreciates Python.  He likes the language.  He wrote a
decent baby Logo in JavaScript while recovering from back
surgery or one of those.  He's not just a goof off.  We oughta
be able to work with the guy, is my attitude.