[Edu-sig] Tkinter window behind IDLE under Mac OS X

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 17:15:21 CET 2007

On 1/30/07, Peter Drake <drake at lclark.edu> wrote:

> I tried running this directly from a terminal:
>
> #!/usr/local/bin/python
> from Tkinter import *
> c = Canvas()
> c.pack()
> c.create_line(0, 0, 20, 30)
> mainloop()
>
> Again, the Tk window pops up behind the terminal.

c = Canvas() already creates a Tk window, but it's not active or in front.

Is there a problem with minimizing the command window or moving
it out of the way after mainloop()?  With your mouse I mean?  Control
should return to terminal when you exit Tk mainloop.

In terms of launching mytkinter.py directly from an icon, no command
window, there oughta be a way on Mac.