[Edu-sig] a non-rhetorical question

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 06:24:12 CEST 2007

Sorry, but I don't think you've successfully motivated your students
if that is all they can do in a month. Let me hazard a suggestion.
Rather than being too mabitious you are not being ambitious enough.

Scripting languages have batteries included. Doing the stuff you would
have done with BASIC in 1980 is not necessary and not sufficient. I
imagine few tenth graders can connect printing sentences backwards and
such with anything they care about.

see http://hacketyhack.net

I'd rather kids learned Python than Ruby or PHP or ActionScript, but
I'd *much* rather they learned one of those than nothing at all.

mt