[Edu-sig] a non-rhetorical question

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 06:54:17 CEST 2007

> The very day I get back from Lithuania, I start another class.  3.5 hours
> a day for four days.  Rather intensive (especially with jet lag).  Lots
> of VPython, POV-Ray, and maybe some X3D.

Actually I guess it's only 2.5 hours a day, 10 hours total.  Do they come
out completely proficient in Python?  No, of course not.  Have I whet their
appetites, are they more motivated than coming in?  I think in most cases
yes.  There's no rush, in any case.  Most of them are at the beginning of
their high school careers.  This is like previewing and overview, with a
lot of encouragement to study on one's own (like we adults do).

Speaking of jet lag, I've been up since 4:30 AM, after going to bet at 2 AM,
after pizza with the Europython conference organizers, who flew in from
Oslo late last night, after taking a train from Gothenberg.  Now it's time
for breakfast (yay).

Hi Laura.