[Edu-sig] a non-rhetorical question

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 23:13:25 CEST 2007

On 7/8/07, Andy Judkis <ajudkis at verizon.net> wrote:

> Your circumstances are somewhat different but I don't feel like "your stuff
> doesn't count".  It would be extremely interesting to hear how your kids
> approach the test question I presented that started this thing.  You wanna
> pose it to them and see what happens?

The question being who's the best teacher, you or that other person?  ;-D

I'm realizing my approach is to use a lot of scaffolding.

That version of the Q&A I posted earlier in this thread, using assert/except,
might figure in upcoming courses, with the challenges I mentioned.  Showing
multiple solutions to the same challenge, in advance of asking students to
role their own, has a lot of appeal.

I welcome this thread for having stimulated more than the usual number
of brain cells (8?  10?).

It was my good fortune to hobnob with Guido for a couple hours this evening,
in this hotel lobby in Vilnius (where I am still to this late hour,
jet lag be damned,
chatting with my fellow geeks -- learning a lot).

Hey thanks Guido, for being such a Benevolent DFL.

And my thanks to Aiste, Laura et al, for putting your talents to good use
in creating this Europython.  Y'all're awesome.

http://mybizmo.blogspot.com/2007/07/europython-hqs.html