[Edu-sig] Simple example involving threads and infinite loops.

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 01:39:11 CEST 2007

> 2. How interactions between threads make certain things (like breaking
> of an infinite loop) possible which would not be using a single
> thread.

This reminds me to add that we looked at the infinite loop in my
Python slides regarding icosahedral numbers.

I reinforce how the "while True" construct, with no opportunities
for breaking out, might be an OK construct where *generators*
are concerned.

As teachers, we need to dilute some of that prejudice against
'while true' loops, lest we unwittingly pass it on to new talent.