[Edu-sig] Python editors for newbies?

Matthew Schinckel matt at schinckel.net
Tue Jul 24 06:45:43 CEST 2007

I've been using Komodo, which whilst it isn't open source, has a free
version.  The full version, replete with Debugger, SCM and more, can
be set up as an Educational License, which is free if you meet certain
conditions.

It's cross-platform, and quite good.

http://www.activestate.com

I am in no way affiliated with ActiveState.  Other than being a customer.