[Edu-sig] [python-advocacy] education as Python killer app

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 03:29:08 CEST 2007

As I understand it, raw_input will be renamed input in 3.0, and the
function currently implemented as input would go away, requiring you
to invoke eval(input("prompt")) if you need its functionality. Thus,
the PEP text you quote doesn't correspond to my understanding, based
on what I took from GvR's keynote at PyCon.

However, this is off topic for these lists and would be better taken
up on c.l.p. where someone in the know will be sure to clarify the
matter.

mt