[Edu-sig] python for kids...

Jason R Briggs jasonrbriggs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 23:40:33 CEST 2007

Hi All

I'm hoping to get some feedback (flameback?) for a book I've been
working on (on and off for the last year or so), endeavouring to teach
Python to kids (8-12).  It's not perfect (by any stretch of the
imagination), since it hasn't had a professional edit -- nor have I
given it the requisite 6 month or so cooling down period to go back and
hack out large chunks of dross with a bit of
"what-the-hell-was-I-thinking" objectivity.  But I'm hoping some may
find it useful, and over time I might get enough feedback to tidy it up
a bit.

Anyway, the download link can be found on this page:
http://www.briggs.net.nz/log/writing/snake-wrangling-for-kids/

And a bit of background reading as to why I even bothered can be found
here, if at all interested:
http://www.briggs.net.nz/log/category/swfk/

Any commentary would be useful, and attribution will, of course, be given.

Jason