[Edu-sig] python for kids...

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 17:22:58 CEST 2007

On 10/15/07, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Jason.
>
> I'm starting a new Python gig at a local high school soon.  If you'd like an opportunity
> for feedback from real students in Portland, Oregon, I'd be happy to shoot them a
> declassified copy.  What's in it for them:  a new way to learn Python while thinking
> critically about what's maybe working, what's maybe not.  What's in it for you:
> feedback from the front lines.

Adding:

Some might consider your visual motifs a tad young for high schoolers, at
least in our neck of the woods, but that's no prob, as for feedback we just
say "would this be useful when teaching your younger sister, niece, cousin
or whatever Python?"  Lots of extended families, easy to find a test audience.