[Edu-sig] python for kids...

Vern Ceder vceder at canterburyschool.org
Tue Oct 23 03:32:25 CEST 2007

Yes, we (several of us on this list who use the turtle module in
teaching) actually got several changes/enhancements to the turtle module
added for Python 2.5. Earlier versions have a turtle module that is
somewhat harder to work with, in my admittedly biased opinion. ;-)

Cheers,
Vern Ceder

Jason R Briggs wrote:
> Hi Ajith
>
> I think the difference is probably Python 2.4 to Python 2.5 (which I was
> using).  Pen() also works on Py2.5, so I think I'd better change to that.
>
> Will also add while-loops as well.  Good idea.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Ajith Kumar wrote:
>> Hello,
>>    Thanks Jason. Excellent material. I was looking for something to
>> get people started in Python. By the way  I use python for doing
>> computer interfaced
>> science experiments, a project named Phoenix
>> <http://www.iuac.res.in/%7Eelab/phoenix/>.
>>
>> t = turtle.Turtle() did not work on my Fedora core 3 machine.
>> t= turtle.Pen() worked instead.
>>
>> I felt it would have been better to mention while loop also in the
>> chapter explaining for loops.
>>
>> with regards
>>
>> Ajith Kumar

This time for sure!