[Edu-sig] Crunchy release 0.9.8
andre.roberge at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 05:55:56 CEST 2007
Dear edu-sig friends,
Crunchy version 0.9.8 has been released.
Crunchy is an application that transforms static html-based Python
tutorials into interactive sessions within your browser (Firefox;
other browsers *may* not fully support Crunchy).
Crunchy is available from http://code.google.com/p/crunchy
Since the last public release, the following changes have been introduced:
* Important changes to security model.
+ 6 security levels.
* New interpreter types (following suggestions made on edu-sig by M.
Tobis and J. Posner regarding new functionality for IDLE...)
* New interpreter options.
* New option (used by default) to view tutorials that have no
* More documentation.
* Friendlier tracebacks (for Python beginners) - translatable in
languages other than English.
* Automatic updating of sys.path so that tutorials can make use of
Python's import statement.
* More configuration options.
* New math_graphics module.
* New logo.
* New look.
* French translation of Crunchy/Python messages (not documentation)
+ many more.
Bug reports, comments and suggestions are always welcome.
More information about the Edu-sig