[Edu-sig] Python Ed Tech positions

Jonah Bossewitch jonah at ccnmtl.columbia.edu
Mon Aug 25 17:16:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am not sure if this list is ever used for job postings, but we are
recruiting for  a great position involving python and educational
technology in New York City right now. I'm posting this on the Python
Job board too, but I  wanted to draw the position to your attention,
especially since you may be able to think of people outside of the
python world who might be interested.

We actually have a few jobs open(ing) other than the one listed below
(some graphic design,  project mgmt, and communications too), so
please have folks contact me if they are interested in working for our
organization.

Thanks!
/Jonah
----------------

`Columbia Center for New Media Teaching and Learning <http://ccnmtl.columbia.edu
 >`__ (New York, NY, USA)

**Job Description**: Design and develop educationally purposeful
teaching and learning environments.  You can browse our portfolio of
past projects (http://ccnmtl.columbia.edu) get a sense of the exciting
range of projects we are involved with. We are also closely involved
with many open source projects. We need people with strong web
development skills, a good intuition for User Interfaces, a passion
for education, and a creative spirit.

**What Python is used for**: We are a service organization with an
educational mission, and use a heterogeneous mix of technologies. We
love python and use if for many of our custom web development projects
(Django, Turbogears), some of our Content Management needs (Plone),
and most of our scripting and sys admin tasks.

* **Contact**: Jonah Bossewitch
* **E-mail contact**: jonah at ccnmtl dot columbia dot edu
* **Other Contact Info**: Please submit your resume to the job posting
below
* **Web**: http://jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=112228