[Edu-sig] What is the Best Way to use Python in the Windows Command Line

Sun Dec 14 00:26:23 CET 2008

csev wrote:
> ...We share intro documentation on how to install and set up ...
> I end up publishing detailed documents and screen casts to get python
> into your Windows path.  It works but it is not where I want students
> energy focused in the first week of class.
> I am wondering if there is another way.

Have you considered contacting ActiveState?  Their installers generally
work very nicely for me, and I like to recommend them to people who want
a turn-key install.  I suspect you could talk them into some special
deal to redistribute the installer as an academic institution, but at
the very least your students could download their installer themselves
for the economical price of $0.00.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org