[Edu-sig] Test Driven Learning: combining MoinMoin and Crunchy

Andrew Harrington aharrin at luc.edu
Sun Jun 8 04:35:25 CEST 2008

The archive sounds good Andre!

I would like to suggest that the home page of such a wiki ask submitters to
put examples under folders for particular categories, either adding to
existing ones or creating new ones where needed.  Also wikis search for
pages based on categories.  We might agree on some basic terms to use in
categories.  One group might be based on level of difficulty  or length ....

Then follow the basic Wiki ethos, and let people organize what they submit,
adding to existing groupings where it makes sense, and creating new ones as
needed.

Andy

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Andre Roberge <andre.roberge at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> A new Crunchy screencast is available at
> http://showmedo.com/videos/video?name=1430030&fromSeriesID=143
>
> In this video, I demonstrate how a customized version of MoinMoin can
> be used to easily create interactive tutorials for Crunchy.
>
> Using this customized version of MoinMoin, it would be easy to set up
> a central repository where teachers could create a collection of
> online lessons with exercises to learn Python. Students could retrieve
> these lessons using Crunchy and get immediate feedback through the use
> of doctest-based exercises.
>
> Note that what is being shown is just an early prototype of a Crunchy
> parser for MoinMoin.  More is expected to come over the course of the
> summer.
>
> <dreaming>
> Apparently, there are 496 subscribers to edu-sig.  Imagine the
> following scenario:
> 1. a central repository is created (perhaps on the Python wiki site)
> 2. each of us contribute 5 doctest-based exercises, covering all
> aspect of Python, in the next year.  Only 5 exercises written in one
> year.
>
> The result would be 2500 exercises that students could use to learn
> from.  Something like this, I believe, would be an invaluable resource
> for teachers - and certainly contribute to Python's popularity
> </dreaming>
>
> Cheers,
>
> André

Andrew N. Harrington