[Edu-sig] Kirby from Pycon

Gregor Lingl gregor.lingl at aon.at
Mon Mar 17 21:22:02 CET 2008

Hi Kirby,
> I admire and respect your work Gregor, think of you as a generous
> and intelligent guy.  I hope to meet you one day.

I certainly would enjoy that.

> The one time I started down the turtle graphics road in my own
> curriculum writing was in connnection with the so-called Lturtle
> or L-system turtle:  http://www.4dsolutions.net/ocn/numeracy3.html

My xturtle package

http://www.rg16.at/~python/xturtle/download.html

contains a demoViewer and a set of 30+ demoscripts, among them two
Lindenmayer examples (of course only twodimensional). One of them
lets two (different) plants grow in parallel (using generators):

http://www.rg16.at/~python/xturtle/code/xtx_lindenmayer/xtx_twoPlants.py

The other one, more simple, is an example from ethno mathematics.
I'm sure you would enjoy it if you had the time to view it.

Regards,
Gregor