[Edu-sig] introduction

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 17:42:53 CET 2008

>  I don't mind worshiping guys 'n dolls ** as long as we get the job
>  done.  It really helps knowing the randomizer will come along pretty
>  soon and split us i.e. I'm way more willing to be productive in
>  short term partnerships than "your pair programmer for life"
>  kind of arrangements.

** allusion to a musical.

I grew up in a family where the dad "doesn't like musicals"
(ICEscapades either) and I too am not in the habit of delving
in that genre, though I don't say I hate them, on the contrary
loved the last couple (one starring a Wanderer's daughter at
Jesuit in Beaverton, the other Wicked in Hollywood over
Xmas), but in the name of pair programming and mixing it
up more, why not?  Plus our household *does* officially
approve of the musical episode in Buffy, given we're such
Joss Whedon and Peggy Parsons fans in these parts.  More
pop culture allusions sorry, and yeah, I'm a huge Britney
Spears fan (my friends will tell you) who in turn helps me
more appreciate Madonna.  Like that Hate Me guy too,
and that Over the Hedge guy starting to like.  More in my
blogs for the morbidly curious :-D.