[Edu-sig] Algebra 2

Matt K matt.kameron at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 16:18:17 CEST 2008

Anna, is what you describe programming (as in Python) or using graphing
software (as in Maple/Matlab)? I am not certain which you are referring to
by reading your email.

I think the difference is significant - the latter converts an equation to a
graph, the former might show students the generalisation of an algorithm.

The downside you describe won't be an issue these days (at least in my
school) - Python is so powerful that kids will start playing around with it
out of my control - plus they always see what the kids who are older than
them are doing.